Disclaimer: I'm not sponsored in any way, I just want to try and help out anyone looking for some good, affordable earbuds, I guess. Or find a way to entertain myself.
At the beginning of the month (September 2nd) I bought these earbuds off Amazon (I don't endorse using Amazon, but unfortunately I was tight on money at the time and it was cheaper on Amazon than the direct website). I was hunting for earbuds that I could sleep with them in my ears, as I had to come to accept the fact that sleeping with wired headphones was not possible with my anxiety of getting tangled up in them, and just the general discomfort they brought when laying on my side or moving with them in. I bought these so I can listening to soothing noise to go to sleep when the outside was loud or my noise sensitivity made it hard to fall asleep.
Ever since then, I've been so grateful I bought them, because it's saved me from a lot of discomfort and sleep deprivation! But I think I should try and write down what I like and dislike about them, in case someone else is on the hunt for something affordable.
Name: Soundpeats Free2 Classic
Battery life: Long
Comfort level: 4/5
- Once you charge them up to 100%, it's difficult to bring them down to 0% I'd say unless you listen to them 24 hours nonstop every day, and even then it's quite slow. I haven't charged mine in about 2 or 3 days, and I use them for about maybe 5 or so hours per day not counting any sleeping (I slept with them last night for about 8 hours), and they're currently at 80%. They're pretty dang resilient. I can't comment on how long it takes for them to charge as usually I just charge them at night or when I'm going to be somewhere I can play things out loud, so I never notice how long it takes.
- The visual lag isn't as jarring as my other cheaper, clunkier pair. Visual lag is something I hate about wireless buds, but these aren't very noticeable when watching videos. It definitely isn't nonexistent, but it's tolerable. I wouldn't play rhythm games with them without calibration, though.
- I'm not good at judging audio quality, but these are pretty good quality for the price you pay. It isn't insanely crisp and good like a $100+ pair would get you, but it isn't crappy and distracting or muddling like cheaper pairs. I enjoy listening to music with them.
- They're comfortable for sleeping on your back, and on your side for bursts of time.
- Their controls are pretty easy to memorize. One tap for volume (left is less, right is more volume), two taps for pause/play, hold 3 seconds to skip forward or backwards.
- The microphone works.
- The egg container they come in is sleek, durable, and cute. I like carrying around my little egg.
- I'm not sure if this is something to do with my phone or the earbuds, but after a while of inactivity sometimes they tend to unregister or disconnect from my phone. Annoying, but not dealbreaking I'd say.
- The main point I bought them for. They're comfortable when sleeping or laying on my side, which is good, but not for a long time as even with the small, ear-fitting design, it can still become sore and uncomfortable after a while. I guess this is inevitable, unless you have some $2000 custom made earbuds to fit your ear shape (there's definitely cheaper alternatives, but this was one of the recommendations I read while researching. Insanity, I tell you! But respect, I guess).
- They get lost pretty easily. I chose white earbuds both because I like the color and because I naively assumed they'd be easier to locate... Yeah, no, due to the size it'll forever be a hunt every time one falls out. (Luckily they stay on throughout the night unless you have some sort of night terrors that involve shaking your head a lot.)
- I'm mostly just running off the quality I get from Discord playback, which may not be reliable, but the microphone quality is a bit weird, and again it may be my computer but it's a pain in the ass to manually direct the input to the earbuds each time I use them on a call.
- Lady who says "disconnected" and "connected" is loud and scares me even when I'm prepared for her. I literally haven't heard the Battery Low message yet so I can't say much on that.