Digital Literacy Crash Course
Last Updated: 11/30/23
Current Status: WIP - See Updates
What Even Is A Computer?
- Define A Computer
- Parts of a computer - Hardware
- Parts of a computer - Software
- Types of Computers
- How to research and buy a computer
- File Types and What They Mean
The Ethereal Digital Space
- Your digital identity - IP Address and Networks
- What Is The Internet?
- Browsers, safety, extensions, oh my!
- Clouds and their Problems
- Who Controls the Internet?
- Who Can See What I Do?
Threats and Safety
- Your digital identity - Why It Matters
- Watch Where You Click - Phishing and Other Hostiles
- Virus Protection and Scanning Your Downloads (BootyGuard)
- The Age of Surveillance - VPNs, Secure Messaging, the TOR Browser, and the Deep Web
- Other People and the Mantra of Digital Socialization
How To Keep Things From Going Wrong
- Backing Up Your System - External Storage and the 3, 2, 1 Method
- The Control Panel
- Task Manager and Advanced Features
- How Do You Even Read A Crash Log?
- Does Defragging The Hard Drive Do Anything?
- Clearing the Cobwebs - Cleaning Caches and File Habits
- How To Re-Install Your OS for when you really fuck it up
- HTML/CSS Basics
- What the hell is Java?
- Individuality in Decentralized Web - Making your own site
- How To Google (SEO, ads, Google tricks, and why we care)
- How To Stop Using Google - Aggregated and Alternative Search Engines
- Troubleshooting and How To Fix Anything
- Apps (Why Are They All Unique and How Do I Learn Them All)