Inspired by that one episode of KOTH and that one episode of Binging with Babish, these are Bobby's cookies! And as much as I loved the Binging with Babish video, I found some of it absolute BS... Kinda like his original KOTH video. Seriouly! Do you really believe that Peggy makes her own SpaPeggy sauce?! No. She ADDS sugar to jarred sauce. Does Bobby REALLY use the "Babish Ultimate Cookie Recipe" (as amazing as that sounds)... No. I always thought he'd use the cookie recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag! So here ya go!
- In a small bowl, combine 2.25 C. Flour (gluten free if preferred), 1 t. each Soda and Salt. Set this aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat 1 lb. Butter (normally .5 lb; but that's for plain regular boring cookies... these are BOBBY'S cookies! So we're using a pound!), .75 C. each brown and granulated sugar until light, fluffy and pale. A few minutes
- Add 2 Eggs and 1 T. Vanilla (normally 1 t; but that's for plain regular boring cookies... these are BOBBY'S cookies! So we're using a tablespoon!). Beat the mixture again until light, pale and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and a bag of chocolate chips. Mix just until combined.
- Make tablespoon sized balls of dough, place them on a large, clean plate and chill them in the fridge for a couple hours.
- Heat the oven to 325 F and bake these for 9-10 minutes, six to one 9x13 sheet pan, spaced out evenly.
- Once out of the oven, let them cool on the pan for a bit, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy! OR... bag them up and sell them, setting up camp right next to an Arrow Girl Cookie sale, depending on the time of year.