Yes, it's true: SpaceHey Groups are here! I worked on the Groups feature and a lot more in the past weeks!
The most requested feature is here! Introducing SpaceHey Groups
- a place to meet like-minded people, share content and talk about the topics you care about! Starting today, everyone on SpaceHey can create and join Groups. Groups currently consist of two parts: a Group Bulletin Board and a Group Forum. Like "normal" Bulletins, the Group Bulletins are for temporal Posts (and Comments) which will be gone after 10 days. Group Forum Topics however are for lasting discussions/threads about the Group's Topic. The creator of the Group can promote other members to Group Administrators and Group Moderators who can help manage the Group. They have the power to remove Content from the Group which doesn't follow the Group's Rules and ban Members who aren't behaving well.
This is the first Version of the Groups Feature, so I'd be immensely happy if you could share any kind of Feedback, Ideas or Bugs you find with me privately or in the brand-new SpaceHey Group
I also updated a few things here and there in the SpaceHey Blog Feature! For example, it's now a lot easier to discover popular Blog Entries and large Blog Entries are a lot faster to load now! Additionally, you can now pin Comments under your Blog Entries to the top of the Comment section! That way, important Comments won't be lost in the ether of the Comment section anymore!
That's not all! I improved a lot of other things all over SpaceHey! Here are the most important ones:
- You can now click on "Forward to Friend" on other People's Profiles to quickly send a link to their Profile to one of your Friends via the SpaceHey Instant Messenger (SpaceHey IM)
- You can now search for Layouts on https://layouts.spacehey.com
- Added an option to "close" Forum-Topics and filter them more easily!
- Highly customized Profiles now load a lot faster!
- Improved the Account Settings page
- Added support for Dailymotion Video Embeds
- A lot of speed and server improvements behind the curtains
A word about Photos
A lot of people asked me about a "Photo Album" Feature where people can share pictures and comment on other peoples photos. I really like that idea and technically, it would totally be doable, however there is one reason I haven't worked on it yet: server storage. A photos feature would require a lot of additional server storage space to host (and deliver) all photos. This would come with a lot of new costs for me, which isn't feasible as of right now. As soon as I have a sustainable monetization strategy for SpaceHey which would provide me with a consistent income, I can think about adding such a feature. I hope you understand that and just wanted to take this Blog Entry as an opportunity to explain that :)
Have an amazing day!