It's Christmas time! The perfect time to bake some delicious Christmas Cookies!
Recipe: German Vanilla-Lemon Stars
- 400g Flour
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 200g Butter
- 120g Sugar
- 2 packages of Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Egg
- grated Peel of 2 untreated Lemons
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sweet cream
- 100g hail sugar
And that's how you prepare the Cookies:
- sift the flour into a bowl; add the salt, the butter (in flakes) the vanilla sugar, the egg, the grated Lemon peel and the Lemon juice; knead everything into a smooth dough and let it cool for 60 minutes
- roll out the dough thinly between two layers of cling film and cut out Star shapes in different sizes!
- stir the egg yolk together with the cream until it's smooth, then coat the Stars with it and sprinkle some hail sugar on top
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the Stars on it. Bake them in your pre-heated oven at 200°C 10-12 minutes
- All done! Now enjoy your Christmas Cookies!
Have a beautiful festive season!