Survey originally taken from emerald's blog.
" A survey adapted from a 50 questions segment of NEWTYPE magazine, a Japanese magazine covering anime, originally interviewing characters Lelouch and Suzaku from Code Geass. It's a general 'about' survey. Most questions are the exact same with some changes to wording for a cleaner look, and question 48 being revamped due to originally being an in universe question asking the character's opinion on the other. Major thanks to rainfall-tumbles on tumblr for the original translation of the interview. " - emerald
Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to fill it out myself as well!
3. Your height is?
4. Favorite color?
Midnight purple. Not necessarily the color-shifting Nissan version, just regular dark purple.
Listening to music, playing videogames, and going to races. I guess photography counts too, but I mostly do that to feel more involved in the races I go to.
6. Liberal arts? Sciences? Or are you more the athletic type?
I did pretty well with both writing-related subject and sciences in school.
7. What's your best subject?
Did best with math in school.
8. What are your test scores like?
They were really good at the time. Usually got As and Bs unless it was history related.
9. Your dream for the future?
I'd love to have a tuned-up shitbox like a Nissan 240SX to race or drift. A significant other would be nice too.
10. Please describe your personality in no fewer than two words and no more than six.
Aesthetic-obsessed competitive dreamer
11. Please tell us what your strong and weak points are.
I've been told I learn fast and I can be pretty resilient to giving up on troubleshooting. Otherwise I tend to be pretty lazy, don't deal with stress well, and have a nasty habit of dropping a project when it doesn't involve fixing something.
12. Favorite foods?
Usually stuff that has a lot of cheese. Tacos, macaroni, cheeseburgers, you get the idea.
13. Your least favorite foods?
Probably fish that isn't super-processed, specifically because it looks and smells so good but I can't stand the taste. My food taste kinda sucks.
14. After you wake up, what's the first thing you taste?
Depends on when I wake up. Usually either cereal or a sandwich.
15. Morning person? Night person?
Night person. Mornings attract too many people.
16. Which do you prefer, baths or showers?
17. When did you first fall in love? (And with whom?)
17, with a classmate.
18. Your greatest failure?
Probably dropping out of college. I don't think I can handle the structure.
19. How do you vent your frustrations?
Usually by isolating myself and either sleeping or playing a fast-paced and easy videogame.
20. Who would you say is your personal hero?
Probably Forrest Wang. He's drifting with the best of them in Formula Drift and he's doing it just to have a good time.
21. Indoor type? Outdoor type?
Indoor. Might just be because there's never really much to do outside in a suburban area. I'd love to just wander around a city sometime though.
22. What's in your wallet?
Driver's and fishing licenses, credit card, and a library card that I'm pretty sure expired years ago.
23. Special skill?
Does surviving Sweden with a Lancia 037 in Dirt Rally 2.0 count? Otherwise I'm just the tech support guy in my friend group.
24. How do you commute to school?
N/A at the moment
25. When have you been glad to be your gender?
I guess when I hear about people having period cramps. Otherwise, eh.
26. What do you most want to eat right now?
Cheese and crackers.
27. Describe your ideal family situation.
Ideally just me and a significant other.
28. Favorite season?
Fall. Cold fronts start coming through, and it's got halloween. Winter can be okay, but Christmas celebrations get grating pretty fast.
29. Do you get up easily in the morning, or is it a struggle?
Usually I get up fine in the morning, but it depends on how much sleep I got the night before.
30. How many hours of sleep do you get on average?
31. Your last dream?
It would probably be nice if I could remember it.
32. How much time does it take you to get ready in the morning?
About an hour.
33. Do you have anyone you admire?
Pretty much anyone in the "People" section of my Spacehey profile interests. Unless this means admire in a way other than "look up to". So James Deane, Forrest Wang, Hans Joachim Stuck, Ranon (Hyper), MrBrightside (Animator), Ha_ru, Raycevick, and Steak Bentley. They just seem like they've managed to make a living out of what they love doing.
34. Please tell us how you spend your holidays.
35. Western food or Eastern food?
Western food. Eastern food looks good, but I know I probably won't be able to handle the taste.
36. If you could be born again, what would you like to be?
Maybe a thresher shark? Though that's mostly because they always look like they just witnessed a murder.
37. What have you been really into lately?
Monster Hunter World. Been playing with friends and having a lot of fun with Iceborne. I'm up to shrieking legiana in the story. Kind of a charge blade main, but really I play a bit of everything.
38. Your favorite animal?
Florida scarlet snake. Small and shy noodle.
39. Of the necessities for life (clothing, food, shelter), which is the most important?
Clothing. I may die hungry, but I won't die naked.
40. Sorry to spring this on you, but what is love?
I read somewhere that it's both a feeling and a choice. That sounds about right to me.
41. Please take a guess at what you'll be like 30 years from now.
I'll probably be trying to stay happy by maintaining an older car and watching WRL races, assuming the other large sportscar racing organizations go mostly electric. Considering how much I've changed even since just high school though, I don't think I have a hope of making an accurate call there.
42. If you could travel through time, when would you return to?
Depends on if it's at-will or one-time. If at-will, 1982-1986. I'd love to see group-B WRC rallies in person (From a safe distance of course.)! If one-time, probably 1994. It's the last year the Nissan 240SX S13 was being sold new in the US.
43. Favorite book? (Or what magazines do you read frequently?)
Don't really read often. Been reading DSPORT magazine and Grassroots Motorsports magazine, but even then mostly only when I'm at a race and track activity has yet to start.
44. Your preferred type of person?
The kinds of people that have a dream to fight for. I don't really know any personally anymore (I doubt they hang out online as much), but I guess a good character that'd fit is Tomoyo Sakagami from Clannad. I generally like people that haven't declared a personal war on silence as well.
45. Is it better to devote yourself, or to have someone else devote themselves to you?
Ideally both, but the former if not.
46. Did you receive any Valentine's Day chocolate? How much?
47. What would you do with a million dollars?
Probably make sure my friends and family are okay, then see about moving to a bigger city. Maybe get a Nissan 240SX S13 if there's anything left after.
48. What type of person is the one closest to you?
I don't think I have any close friends. Should probably work on that, but opening up is hard.
49. We've already reached the forty-ninth question. Are you getting tired?
50. What do you want for Christmas?
A game called OTXO. Yes, entirely because of the Raycevick video on it. Also the gun sounds.